Thursday, December 12, 2013

Some Christmas photos to share with a heart full of gratitude.













Before my eyes even opened to the sound of the alarm this morning my heart was full of gratitude. My first thought was full of thanksgiving to my Savior for a warm and safe home and a cozy bed. Then thoughts turned to my family where I've watched God prove his faithfulness time and time again. When I look back over my life there have been easy years and hard years, yet through it all he's remained faithful to his Word to me in every single circumstance. Now my thoughts turn to YOU! So many have blessed me beyond measure this year in trusting me with the important task of capturing special moments and loved ones on film. I've received the most generous thank you notes you've ever read and my heart is FULL this morning. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that my schedule would fill up during the Holiday Season yet God has been faithful again and again to bless me with work. I have been blessed to shoot some of the kindest people you have ever met and my tank is bursting with joy and gratitude!

I end this note with the photos from my own Christmas card. These photos were not planned, as my business began to pick up I asked my sister to come with us to the beach one sunny Saturday in September so that I could practice positioning of families. I really try and do my homework when it comes to my photo shoots and I practice, practice, practice! I would move my family around and then ask my sister to take a quick photo so that I could see how different layering ideas, etc. translated into a photo. When I loaded these photos onto my computer screen my heart leapt! I couldn't believe what I saw! These photos are a complete testimony unto the faithfulness of the Lord! The rest that has been captured in our demeanor in these photos is a tribute to what the Lord can do! He's not always as quick as we'd like him to be, but his goal is a COMPLETE work and when you go through struggles, if you remain faithful to him in trust and obedience, he will prove himself faithful to you! This is my most favorite Christmas card of all time because it's just us; happy, redeemed, committed us! And that's where I find the gratitude bubbling up and out of me today, and hopefully, onto you!

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

For more images please visit my Facebook page HERE. Pin It

11 comments:

  1. I am just so proud of you. I am in awe of the Lords goodness. Not everyone gets to live their dream. You're sensational, and I admire you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your photos are beautiful but the ones of your family are the best because you can see the happiness in your faces. I've been reading your blog for many years so I know those smiles are ALL God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It happened! I'm leaving this blog "happier" not necessarily happier than I came because the JOY of the Lord is my strength too...but I'm a follower and I love peeping into your world and hearing of His goodness. You have an infectious smile and a great looking family. Your photos...beautiful as always:)

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have followed your blog for several years now and you have inspired me every single time I have visited here! These photos are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy happy...that's what I got:-) Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful shots, and beautiful family! you are so inspiring, love your thoughts. thanks for sharing:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. such great shots!
    & i LOVE your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are beautiful Lissa. I'm liking you on Facebook :) Please let people like me know when you're in SoCal. You could get some great beach shots with famlies here. I just happen to know one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love everything about you. i love the way you are real with your heart. i love your passion for life. for your gift. for your family. for God.
    i too am knowing God in these ways. He has answered prayers in ways i never thought He could. ways i never even dreamed of. it is all about Him and I and growing in our trust..my trust in Him. good or bad..He is still God. love you...xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww Lisa! I have followed you since Humble Pie and am so grateful that I stumbled onto your blog! You have been so transparent over the years and I find hope in your journey! I love that God is no respecter of person and the heart of gratitude he has given you he can perfect in me! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete