Monday, January 21, 2013

now you can easily make gluten free pizza at home with cup4cup!






The Cup4Cup Company recently sent me their new pizza mix to try and I am pretty excited about it! When I was diagnosed with celiac over 20 years ago it was so hard to eat the kinds of food that others got to enjoy on a daily basis, like pizza. Over the years I've worked with different recipes that have been difficult and ended with less than desired results. Therefore it came to the point where I would only try to make pizza once a year or so. It was discouraging. I would see fabulous pizza recipes online or in magazines and I was dying for an easy crust so that I could add those toppings to my own pizzas at home as well.

Well let me tell you, this pizza mix is the answer! It truly makes up in a jiffy and is SO easy to roll out it literally took me about 5 minutes! Right now it's available only through Williams Sonoma but the cup4cup company is working to expand its availability! You MUST try this! I am one that LOVES to support companies that work to make eating gluten free at home an easy task.

For the Pizza:

1 pkg cup4cup pizza crust mix

This pizza sauce recipe:

2 T extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
1 28- oz can San Marzano whole, peeled tomatoes with their juice
1 t coarse salt

Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat with the garlic. Add the tomatoes and their juice and salt and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let the sauce simmer for 1 hour. Cool it to room temperature and puree in the blender.

The toppings:

2 cups shredded Fontina Cheese
1 ripe tomatoe, thinly sliced
1/4 small red onion, halved and cut into paper-thin slices
1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, halved
1 cup baby arugula
2 T finely shredded fresh basil
Fine sea salt, to taste

For our pizza, I baked the crust according to package directions on my Emile Henry pizza stone which is amazing! If you like to grill your pizza outdoors I would totally recommend this pizza stone!

After baking, I added the pizza sauce, red onion, tomatoes, and fontina cheese on top. I returned the pizza to the oven according to package directions and baked until the cheese was bubbly and slightly browning around the edges. After removing from the oven I added the sliced olives over the top, shredded basil, and baby arugula. Delicious!

I made a 2nd pizza for my girls with pepperoni and mozzarella but our whole family agreed that the pizza with all the "gourmet" ingredients was tastier!

This is something I will be keeping in my pantry! It makes enjoying gluten free pizza SO easy! Pin It

9 comments:

  1. This sounds so yummy! I think pizza is the hardest gluten free food to make taste good. I can't wait to try this- thanks for the product review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Lisa! We have been using the Cup4 Cup mix and loving it. We will have to try the pizza mix now ;) I will try the topping you have used on mine....it sounds so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is awesome friend. i know you are always on the hunt for making it better. now you can make me pizza when i come;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for pizza whenever you want/need it, on my bucket list to visit The French Laundry even if its just the grounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you found a pizza crust!!!
    love your pictures...always amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that looks super good Lissa! I love that the pizza crust is't real flat like alot of GF crusts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is seriously one beautiful pizza. You make everything look great! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to try this! I LOVE pizza. I've been using Udi's crust and Against the Grain, but can't wait to make it fresh!

    ReplyDelete