Saturday, January 5, 2013

my beautiful pregnant sister and some cookies for you to break your new years resolution with











My sister has been wanting me to take some maternity photos for her but with the record breaking rain we've been having we were beginning to think that it wasn't going to happen. Earlier this week I woke up to the most beautiful, glowing light and I was inspired to text my sister to see if she'd be up for a spontaneous photo shoot. She looks so breathtaking in these photos and from text to arriving at my door she only took about 45 minutes. Can you believe it?? I could never look this pretty in such a short amount of time! Oh the joys of youth- wink wink. She is so photogenic that we were only at the beach for about 20 minutes. What's crazy to me is that in just a few short weeks that baby will be here and ready for me to take her photos! EEK! So exciting!

And since this is supposed to be a blog about what goes on in my kitchen I thought I'd add a super tasty cookie recipe that I tried yesterday from Bon Appetit magazine! I just converted the recipe using cup4cup flour. These are worth a go! So yummy!

Salty Chocolate Chunk Cookies

1 1/2 cup cup4cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 large egg yolks
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
8 oz semisweet chocolate chips
flakey sea salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Whisk flour, baking powder, kosher salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl; set aside.

Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add egg yolks, egg, and vanilla. Beat, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl, until mixture is pale and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low; slowly add dry ingredients, mixing to blend. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate.

Spoon rounded teaspoonfuls of cookie dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle cookies with sea salt.

Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until just golden brown around the edges, 10-12 minutes (the cookies will firm up as they cool). Let cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks. Pin It

13 comments:

  1. she is seriously adorable...but so are YOU! i will not give in and make those cookies, but i so wish i could. maybe a little picnic snack on the beach right there. i can see it when i close my eyes. makes me miss you BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is beyond gorgeous!
    i love winter shots taken by the shore...such a fun mix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sissy! This was such a blessing to me! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures! Love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos and Happy New Year! I want to get a new camera for 2013 and work on becoming a better photographer. Please tell me what camera you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! I shoot with a canon rebel for now. It's a wonderful camera to start with!

      Delete
  6. Lovely photos. What camera do you use? Your photos are so clear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is gorgeous as are these pictures Lissa. I know I commented on FB but I love that hat!! Happy week-end. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. your sweet sister is just beautiful....pregnancy always looks better on others. :)
    You did a fabulous job on her pictures...can't wait to see what you do with that bundle of Joy who is on the way!

    thanks for the cookie recipe! I have to try the cup4cup flour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, what a blessing a new baby she looks over the moon happy! Cookies look so good, salt is magical.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww how beautiful your sister looks!
    I'll be you cant wait to meet her little one!
    What a precious season in all of your lives!
    And those cookies look so yummy!
    Hus!

    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete