Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Have a Wonderful, Happy Thanksgiving!!



I LOVE this time of year! Some of my favorite traditions begin today! I baked this morning and will take the afternoon to clean up the house. This is the last image I took for my final project from inspiration I found on pinterest. I want to wish you and yours the happiest of Thanksgivings! We have SO MUCH to be grateful for! I'm thankful for YOU, my sweet readers! Thanks for following along and for being such a wonderful support!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Eat until you *pop*!



gluten free pumpkin pie:


1 c cup4cup flour
1/4 t kosher salt (it's important to use kosher)
1/2 t sugar
1/4 c plus 3 T very cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
4 T ice water, plus more if needed.

In the bowl of a food processor, stir together the flour, salt, and sugar. Sprinkle the butter over the top and pulse for a few seconds, or just until the butter is slightly broken up into the flour but still visible in pieces. Evenly sprinkle the water over the flour mixture, then process just until the mixture starts to come together. Dump the dough onto a work surface and press it together into a disk. Place the disk in a large zip-lock plastic bag. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes or up to 1 day, or freeze up to 1 month. When ready roll out your dough for the pie crust.


For the pumpkin pie filling:
(Taken right off of the Farmer's Market organic pumpkin can.)

1 15 oz. can pumpkin
3/4 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground nutmeg
1/4 t ground ginger
1/4 t ground cloves
1/2 t sea salt
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs slightly beaten

Mix pumpkin and spices together. Add remaining filling ingredients. Mix slowly just until thoroughly mixed. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees for an additional 35-40 minutes. Thoroughly cool pie before serving. Pin It

15 comments:

  1. hi! i just found your blog through kim taylors...i love it! i'm pinning that picture! happy thanksgiving and looking forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE, Lissa! :)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute picture! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That top picture is just too adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling Lissa! Happy Thanksgiving Enjoy~Blessings Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy thanksgiving to you also Lissa!! A treat to read your blog, I always leave happy. Both your pie and your clothes looks soooo cute. Love your dress !

    ~ Aina ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to you . Are you making a cookbook ? I will be one of many who will buy one! Blessings;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kristina! It's just for school. Not one I've been commissioned to sell. :) But what a sweetie you are!

      Delete
  8. Dear Lissa !
    I love your blog since a Humble pie. You are such an inspiration for me. God bless you and your family. Do you have a pinterst account that can be visited because I love your style. And by the way you look sooooo cute - I truly hope that I will also find this kind of peace and happiness sometimes. Warm greetings and hugs to you my friend,
    Iwona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your kind comment!! I do have a pinterest account. It's under lissaandneal.

      Delete
  9. This picture makes me want to jump right in, sit at your table and eat that pie with you! Tell me about that pie dish! Love it's large ruffled edge. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that first shot Lissa ~ hope you had the most wonderful Thanksgiving ~ I always say "gobble til you wobble"!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lissa!
    You really, really, really need to show us all the pictures you've used for this project in your class. Pretty Please.

    You know I'm seriously praying that God opens a door for you to write a cookbook, don't you? :) seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to ask...where did you get those socks? So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete