Friday, November 2, 2012

15 minute gluten free tomato/ basil pasta! And it's delicious!



My sister and I had lunch together the other day and she told me she had come up with the tastiest and easiest pasta dish. It's such a great thing to make when you need dinner in a hurry! There isn't even any measuring involved! And the taste is superb. I added a little kick at our house by adding red chili flakes cuz I always like a little bit of spicy! It's up to you whether you want to add them or not.

For the tomato/ basil pasta:

1 package gluten free spaghetti
2 T Olive oil
1/2 medium yellow onion - diced
4-5 cloves of garlic - minced
1 c cherry or grape tomatoes - halved
2 T fresh basil, sliced in thin strips
Salt, pepper, and red chili flakes, to taste.
Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Cook your noodles according to package directions.

Heat the olive oil and saute the onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and chili flakes until the onions look slightly clear (about 3 minutes). Add the tomatoes and stir for about 1 minute. Remove from heat, add the basil and toss in your noodles.

Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm.....My kind of dish for sure and you made it look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound yummy--and easy! I like easy. My husband would wonder where the meat is, which is part of why I'm having so much trouble getting my family to eat healthier meals. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lissa,
    This looks so good! I am so excited to find your blog! I found your blog through the Creatively Made Home Ecourse. I eat gluten free, and love getting new recipes.

    I just had to comment and let you know how much your video and the post you wrote for Creatively Made Home blessed me. I loved that you shared your faith and testimony right on there.

    I live in Washington state and am wondering if you are from the Northwest as you mentioned your gray rainy days?

    I am a blogger as well,and will be subscribing and following you from now on. I am your newest fan.

    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise! Yes! I live in the Northwest and am currently working diligently on finding things to love during the grey season as I tend to prefer sunnier weather. ;)

      Delete
  4. pinned it...15 minute meals are the best.
    does your family do okay with a meatless meal? I think my husband might die. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks good, so much better than my lazy jar of pesto!! If I keep reading my cooking might just improve.... Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quick easy and yummy ~ sounds like a winner to me! Hope you are having a wonderful week-end Lissa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog Lisa! Lovely video on Creatively Made Home too....the cozy-ness comes through =)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm trying this tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete