Saturday, August 4, 2012

Grilled corn with cotija cheese and lime juice




This is the most simple recipe that a dear reader wrote to me about. When I posted about using cotija cheese in my taco salad she left a comment telling me that it tastes great on grilled corn drizzled with a bit of fresh lime juice. I was intrigued so I tried it right away. We ate like pigs last night I tell you, devouring our corn! It's one of the simplest yet delicious side dishes I've ever made! There was no true recipe involved.

You will need:

Fresh corn on the cob (as many as you need)
1 quartered lime to squeeze the juice over your corn
finely grated cotija cheese to sprinkle over the top of your corn.

So Simple!

I also used a wee bit of lime zest mixed into the cheese for added flavor!

Yum! Grab some corn from your local farmer's market and try it this weekend! Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Wish you could make that for me when I come...ha;) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like summer on a cob! Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's one of our favorites! We add a little chili powder too. Great summer food. If you buy it from a street cart here they do mayo, cheese, chili powder & lime then it is a whole meal...or a stomach ache ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so ready for a good feed of corn ~ our local "corm man" showed up just last week. He parks in his van and has the best corn ever ~ he is a welcome site each and every year. Hope you had a great week-end sweetie and that the sun is shining on the left coast this week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lissa, wow that looks to good to eat!
    Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to try this sometime after our farmer's market trip this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't find that cheese at Trader Joes...
    I'll head to Whole Foods and look for it there....

    We love grilled corn at our house...so I'll definitely have to try it.

    ReplyDelete