Wednesday, July 25, 2012

summer yumminess!

Hi there! How are you?? I've had an incredibly busy summer! We've enjoyed lots of wonderful experiences. We went camping and I LIKED it! Yay! And then I volunteered to teach some of the third graders at VBA! I've found that I really have a heart for kids and plan on working with them much more! I really enjoy them and am so excited for God to use me in these little people's lives!



No matter how many different chocolate chip cookie recipes I try this one is always my favorite! I've posted it before but it bears repeating. Original recipe was found on the food network and has been passed around and changed a bit between my friends and I. This is the winning version.

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Prehead oven to 375 degrees.

8 oz butter
2 c rice flour~ I use the finely grained thai rice flour found at asian supermarkets
1/4 c cornstarch
2 T tapioca flour
1 t xanthan gum
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/4 c sugar- I used evaporated cane juice which is organic sugar
1 1/4 c brown sugar- firmly packed
1 1/2 tsp good vanilla
1 egg + 1 yolk
2 c chocolate chips

Combine rice flour, cornstarch, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, salt, and baking soda in a medium sized bowl.

Cream sugars and butter together slowly pouring in the vanilla as it's creaming. Then add the eggs. Mix until combined.

Slowly add your flour mixture and mix until incorporated.

fold in chocolate chips.

Place into the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.

Take out of the fridge and roll into 1 inch balls. Bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat liners for 8 minutes at 375 degrees.



For ice cream sandwiches:

After allowing the chocolate chip cookies to cool, place into the freezer for about an hour. Once the cookies have frozen, place your favorite gluten free vanilla ice cream between 2 cookies. Refreeze until ready to eat!!

Yummy yummy!! Pin It

11 comments:

  1. I was hoping you'd post the asian pasta recipe! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! The pasta sounds so good, and I have everything already on hand, think I'll be making it tonight, thank you for sharing, I always look forward to your gorgeous photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those ice cream sandwiches look so good need one or two! My garden is starting to kick out some tomatoes had them tree times this week! Lovely as always Lissa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you are having a wonderful summer!! All the recipe's you posted look amazing and I am going to try and make every one!!! Thank you for sharing your life, your home, your yummy food and photography. Love every post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOu've been cooking up a storm girl! YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look so yummy! Definitely trying the roasted tomatoes and Lemon Pasta dish this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad you're having a great summer!!!!

    Thank you for these recipes! I'll try all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear from you! I have been missing your posts! Glad you are having a great summer! Cant wait to try roasting tomatoes and all your new recipes!
    xo
    Lyss

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I want to try those tomatoes. Asian capellini is jay's favorite so I'm sure I'll be trying that recipe too! Your pics make us drool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. just so you know, i'm making the cookies for the second time this week, soo good. soo good. soo good.

    ReplyDelete