Monday, May 21, 2012

warning! Major smiles ahead!!


I just can't look at these photos without grinning from ear to ear! These are my kids! Well, 2 belong to me and 3 belong to my brother. I ADORE these kids. I mean I'm extremely mad about them! These are 5 little people in the same family and each one of them is completely different from the next. They are their own unique individuals. I could go on and on about them, beaming with pride over them. I love these guys. I'm FIERCELY PROTECTIVE of them. I like to think I'm a decently nice person but if you dare to hurt one of my people I could rip your head off. (not saying that I should, just that I could) :)

I have a new goal as a parent and auntie of these fine individuals. You know, they're growing up. These aren't the babies who we potty trained and baby proofed for. These are independent kids who leave us for 7 hours a day on a bus to school. We are passed the stage of "yes mom" and first time obedience. I mean obviously those things are still enforced but now we are on new ground where feelings get hurt, bullies attack self esteem, and my confident kids need their mama and auntie to back them up! I have a BIG job now! I MUST be on my knees for these kids! I must make sure that no one destroys their confidence! As a member of this family I am determined to stand against lies that threaten their self esteem. I will do everything I can to protect these wonderful kids from anyone and anything that tries to bring insecurity.

I am no expert. I just know what happens. In elementary school I was the most confident girl you ever saw and then one stinking bully made me feel small and that horrible insecurity found a root into my soul. It took it's toll. So lesson learned, I am on the offensive when it comes to my people. I'm constantly teaching them to dismiss any lie that is spoken over them. We memorize verses from the Bible that say who we are. We memorize verses that promise God has a HOPE and a FUTURE for us. We speak the truth that we are fearfully and WONDERFULLY made in the image of God and no weapon formed against us can prosper. We are filling our minds with TRUTH so that there isn't any room left for lies. I know that this is a hard battle and in my own head a lie is telling me there's no way that I can fight every lie that comes these kids way! But then I'm reminded that If God is for us then who can be against us and I'm going to do my darndest to fight for these kids in every way that I know how!

Happy Belated Mother's Day!! Pin It

17 comments:

  1. Amen sister! I wholeheartedly agree.
    I am standing with you!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what the kids are going through today and it scares the crap out of me. I am also very protective of my nieces cause they are all I have. I try to be a positive influence on their lives and a safe harbour in any storms they may have. You are such a good Mom Lissa ~ those smiles ARE contagious ~ love them to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such joyful, fun photos!
    Beautiful Lissa!
    And yes, keep speaking the truth into their hearts and lives!!!! :)

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! They're having sooo much fun!!!!!
    I'm with you, friend....guard those kids' hearts with the truth of God.....I'm doing it here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fun, keep showing them the right way!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! Love the smiles too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Lissa!!! So relate to this! We have had quite the year battling the enemy's lies in the life of my middle schooler. Not an easy year for him. I am more and more impressed that I need to be on my knees all of the time, interceding for these wonderful kids of mine. And not only that, but for my sweet nieces and nephews, who are babies and toddlers now......but will be big kids like your brother's before too long.

    I love your heart!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! Praying protection over them and that the years ahead are good ones. No bullying allowed. I'd kinda love to see you in momma bear mode though;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great post and the photos are lovely! Like you, I am a MamaBear and proud!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sweet, lissa! we all need moms, aunts, dads, loved ones like you are expressing. love that you and the children are memorizing truth. we all need that memorizing. beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you are not only praying the truth, but powerfully speaking it!!
    The scrambled eggs looked marvelous a post back, and Happy birthday to you, 40 Young! We are so blessed to have birthdays:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures Lissa. I agree with you that we need to be on our knees against the enemy. God is faithful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was in love with the pure joy you captured in the photos, but then I read your words. I love photos and words, but your words were even more beautiful than the photos. Well done, my friend.

    love,
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome. You are on your way to being the perfect mom and aunt with this attitude! ;) LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello!

    I have just stumbled across your blog and I am loving every minute as I stroll through the pages. Can I ask which verses you find are your favourites for positive affirmations for your girls? I have a nine year old who is facing some challenges with her friendship circle at school. I need to help 'build her up'.

    Thanks so much in advance

    All the way from Australia x

    ReplyDelete