Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Festive Centerpiece



I love decorating with natural elements. I recently mentioned to my girlfriend that I wanted to use pomogranates in my festive decor this year and she suggested I add tangerines and leaves to them for added color. I just loved the idea and couldn't wait to try it! You can grab all of these ingredients at the grocery store while picking up your groceries. It only takes minutes to put together! You will need several pomogranates depending on the size of your container, a small bag of satsumas, and leaf filler from the floral department. Then just layer together in a way that looks pleasing to the eyes. This makes a lovely centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table but would also be gorgeous on a buffet table surrounded by cheese, crackers, figs, olives, etc. for a Christmas gathering. You could also try layering the fruit on a cake stand or in a dough bowl, just use whatever you have on hand. This is a long lasting arrangement which will add lots of life and color to your Holiday table. If you decide to use this idea please send me a photo! I would love to see what you come up with!

It's November 1st! Let the festivities begin! I LOVE this time of year!

Pin It

22 comments:

  1. So pretty! Now you have me thinking....what I can host this year? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. A feast for the eyes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beaut....i....ful:) you are ever so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl. you nail it every time!
    pinned it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun idea. I'm with Rebecca. . . what can I host between now and New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new blog is just gorgeous. I've always liked pomogranates for that bit of red during the holidays...but they don't stay fresh long. Everything is beautiful here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Lissa ~ love the pops of color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful, a co-worker just brought in some pomogranates from his tree he brings in lemons & avocados love him! I took a few for this reason to decorate.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. Thanks Lissa for a very another inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it - so simple elegant and pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty. Where is the tiered stand from?

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you! The stand is from Williams sonoma.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look gorgeous although my computer is "colour-blind" right now :(
    Cant wait to see pinks and reds again.

    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning!..the colors together are breathtaking and so fresh! me too..pinning:)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this combination - especially the shine in the orange color, but the rustic in the poms. Definitely going to put something together like this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just might copy you....looks lovely and just what I love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! I wish you lived closer so I could invite you over to dinner and let you create my centerpiece. This is the time of year where I don't spend ANY time feathering my nest. In the studio non-stop. But it's all good. 'Tis the season!

    xo,
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that's fresh and yummy feeling.

    ReplyDelete