Thursday, October 13, 2011

well I can't sleep at all so I guess I'm supposed to tell ya this.



I'm the happiest girl in the world! And I truly think that I just might be! I'm so free! So truly and deeply free and it's the most amazing feeling in the world! Today I was chatting with a very dear friend. We were remembering EIGHT years ago when I was so broken, so filled with fear, unable to move because my insecurities kept me in utter bondage. I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE AGAIN! My insecurities started back in junior high. Because of celiac I was an incredibly late bloomer and people just aren't nice to you if you don't look like everyone else. There was one boy in particular was so mean to me. Lots of disappointments in life held me in a deep bondage to insecurity. Over time that insecurity opened me up to full fledged fear. I was so fearful of getting hurt all the time. I worked harder and harder at trying to maintain a perfect image so that no one would have anything negative to say about me while at the same time holding people at an arm's length to keep them from getting into the real me. That was such a HEAVY burden. At that time I may have written, "I'm the most miserable girl in the world" and it went on for years. I tell you this so that you know that I TOTALLY GET IT!! Girl- have I been there! Been there, done that, wrote the book on what not to do!

I remember THREE years back when I finally decided, "enough's enough!" and I turned to God! I was so broken and so willing to do whatever it took for me to lose those chains of bondage. OH MY WORD GIRLS! It's the ABSOLUTE HARDEST thing I've ever done in my life! Do you know what it takes to find freedom? You have to drop ALL of your pride, ALL of YOUR answers, and give up ALL of your rights and JUST OBEY. There really is nothing else. You just lay your life wide open in front of the Father and allow him to fillet you! AND YOU JUST HAVE TO DO IT!!! Because someone is lying to you. Someone is telling you that freedom can't come for you and THAT'S A TOTAL LIE! Because here I am!!! Living proof that Jesus died so that you can be FREE! And you know what?? Freedom is the BEST feeling in the whole world! And I'll tell you something else. My husband and I have been to hell and back in our marriage. Divorce was an option. We were utterly and completely broken. But there was something inside me that just KNEW that God could fix it, that he could fix me. I can't explain it. I just knew with everything that was in me. I wrote this letter at the lowest point of my life ending it with "one day I know this will totally be worth it." And you know what? It totally was! I think that every girl on the planet would go through every painful thing I've been through to have her husband look at her the way mine looks at me.

Don't ever, EVER doubt that God can't handle your situation. That he can't or won't turn it around! He IS the answer you're looking for! Do everything he asks of you. Just do it! Because God honors obedience!

Be a warrior! Take your life back!! Why is your shield lying at your feet when you are in a war! Pick it up! You're fighting for your freedom!

1 Peter 4:19 The Message

So if you find life difficult because you're doing what God said, take it in stride. Trust Him. He knows what he's doing, and he'll keep on doing it. :) Pin It

32 comments:

  1. I SOooooooo needed to see this right now, I can't even tell you how much; because last night, I had pretty much decided that I couldn't take any more and there was no way I could put myself back together. And I can't. But there is someone who can. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for all that will read this that are in the midst of a very real battle for their lives...their marriages...their families.

    I've been there, too. THANK GOD FOR FREEDOM!!!!

    love your heart and your passion! love that you speak truth in love and so grateful that God gives you the courage to tell your story....it shows his power in your life...He gets GLORY from your life, Lissa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Testify sista! Love this. Im going to share it with my~ now ~high school aged daughter to plant the seeds of what is possible from someone else besides me... ( MOOOM *eyeroll* pffft) She will take it in. Thank you for writing both of these... you are precious. And GOd is good all the time! XO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery" this morning. Goes along with what you are saying Jesus wants us to be free from bondage!! So we can serve others and be a light to Him. Love your story Lissa!! Continue to be a light! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gave me chicken skin when I read it! Amen and way to use your platform to spread the Good News about His undying love for us!!! He is GOOD and His mercies are new EVERY morning! Have a great day in His presence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post soooooooooooo, soooooooooo much!

    Smiles and a very happy and blessed day to you my precious friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post. Your faith is inspiring. So glad you found the happiness you so deserve!

    ReplyDelete
  8. am i on humble pie?? oh no it's your food blog that just got a lot more interesting...ha;)! SO GRATEFUL FOR A GOD THAT HEALS AND RESTORES AND MAKES ALL THINGS NEW!!! Praise Him!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soo good, it reinforced what my husband was soo excited to share with me on the way home last night. It was great hearing it from him, but sometimes reading it in someone else's words is what is needed. Sometimes those who love you the most can't tell you what you need to hear and have you truely get it. So thank you for staying up late and writing. It's always good to remember no one's opinion of you matters but His!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go girl!!!!!!

    I love that your back to honest blogging, don't get me wrong I love seeing your food, I cant cook for beans but you kinda make me think I can, that is until I hear the smoke alarm and realized oh yea I had food on the stove.

    You are giving people hope and truth which not a lot of people can do.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look radiant! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It takes alot of courage to do what you did and continue to do no matter what life throws at you if you believe he will too.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing...this so encourages me today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, you were definitely supposed to tell me this. I am currently working on (but most often struggling with) breaking through fear and insecurities. I pray for the day I have my own courage, strength, and freedom, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A m e n!!!!!
    Thanks so much for sharing your heart...you just bless me so!!!
    Hugs!
    Love that last scripture from the message!! Woohoo!!

    Much love,
    Deborah xoxoxoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amen sister! I love that scripture from Peter! You are right~God can handle anything we are struggling with!

    Have a great weekend!

    XO,
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your joy is evident. Your freedom catching. And your testimony bold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Though I don't know the particular circumstances you are referencing here....I do feel like I could have written much of it, especially the marriage part!!! Although, not as eloquently as you. :)

    Standing FREE and thankful with you today and it is WONDERFUL!

    Thank you for sharing your heart! God IS good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your new blog look is fabulous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Lisa, this is just what I needed to read today! So happy for you, God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this post! You are so right.....only Jesus can truly give us freedom and once you find it, you will never go back to the bondage the world offers!

    Blessings to you!

    P.S. I found your blog in FOLK, which is now my all time favorite magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, how I love your story of beauty out of brokenness. It is so encouraging. Freedom to live life to the full is so worth it! I'm glad you're there. I'm right behind you...breaking free!

    love and bug hugs!
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  23. today I'm tired.
    I read your post and wept.
    I understand your passion, your testimony
    I do
    and it scooped up those little doubts that
    were trying to get in and swept them away.
    obedience is what sticks out to me..the hardest
    thing ever isn't it?
    i know you know
    i am trusting in God like I never have before
    oh, Lissa thank you for sharing like you do.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Once again your speaking right to my heart girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I SO needed to read this right now.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so happy for you Lissa..I feel like I was on part of your journey and to see the end result of your happiness is Wonderful! you are truly blessed my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for this post. I just found your blog tonight and was scrolling through. I just found out that one of my children has celiac so a reader told me about you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Over a year later and this post is still touching lives... mine in particular! We won't go into the details but this has been a season of brokeness for me. A time when my hopes and dreams for another have been shattered... a time when i just want to take my child in my arms and go back in time but its not about me... its about him and his relationship with the Lord... its about my relationship with the Lord. its about going before the Lord when life seems at its darkest and laying my burden down before Him... letting him take away the pain, the heart break.. and knowing that He will see me through. That there is a silver lining in this cloud of grey... and that i must be content not knowing what this season holds or even what that silver lining might. So thank you.... :)

    ReplyDelete